Swiped from mizkit
1. A body of water, smaller than a river, contained within relatively narrow banks? A creek (pronounced like "creek" not like "crick") or stream. Unless it's dry, in which case it's a wash.
2. What the thing you push around the grocery store? a cart
3. A metal container to carry a meal in? lunchbox
4. The thing that you cook bacon and eggs in? frying pan
5. The piece of furniture that seats three people? Couch. If it only holds two, it's a loveseat.
6. The device on the outside of the house that carries rain off the roof? gutter
7. The covered area outside a house where people sit in the evening? porch or deck
8. Carbonated, sweetened, non-alcoholic beverages? Coke. Or "pop" I suppose, but Coke is the One True God.
9. A flat, round breakfast food served with syrup? Pancake. Although I eat 'em with jam...
10. A long sandwich designed to be a whole meal in itself? Submarine (or just sub)
11. The piece of clothing worn by men at the beach? Swim trunks. Unless it's a thong, in which case I'm usually clutching my burning retinas.
12. Shoes worn for sports? sneakers
13. Putting a room in order? Cleaning it.
14. A flying insect that glows in the dark? OH MY GOD, ALIENS--no, wait, it's a firefly. (True story.)
15. The little insect that curls up into a ball? potato bug
16. The children's playground equipment where one kid sits on one side and goes up while the other sits on the other side and goes down? teeter-totter
17. How do you eat your pizza? With my fingers, unless it's one of those Uber Deep Crest stuffed pizza things, in which case a fork.
18. What's it called when private citizens put up signs and sell their used stuff? Garage sale. Though they have a lot of "yard sales" out here in AZ.
19. What's the evening meal? Dinner.
20. The thing under a house where the furnace and perhaps a rec room are? The basement.
Edit: James informs me that the little grey bugs that roll up are "roly-polys." He's quite adamant about this. We're both from the same state, so it just goes to show...