Today started out with a bang, as James set my coffee cup down on my desk and I promptly knocked it over, sending scalding coffee cascading across my keyboard, desk, and thighs. The little birds at the feeder got more of a show than they probably wanted, as I did the frantic get-out-of-burning-jeans dance, while making that "AH! AH! AH!" noise of someone who can feel their flesh starting to cook. It's probably a tribute to my rapid disrobing skills that I emerged unscathed. My keyboard, however, was both soggy and then the glue holding the little key dealies on melted, so we gave it up as a lost cause and went and picked up a fresh one. I am glad, once again, that I no longer have my ancient Amiga, where a dead keyboard meant a dead computer. Whereas now, for a mere twenty bucks, I can acquire a perfectly serviceable replacement, instead of having to shell out for a new machine. 'Course, these days, an Amiga 500 can't be much more than twenty bucks anyway, but that's neither here nor there. Still playing Temple of Elemental Evil. Hmm. I dunno. It's not bad, but...well...there's no PLOT. I mean, I love subquests. I'll do the subquest dance until the cows come home. But there also has to be a main quest, or else there's no real point--I'm just a party of weirdos lurking in town spying on people and marrying off the farmer's daughters. (Seriously, half the quests are matchmaking. I can't help but wonder if I'd really want to get married on the say-so of a group of guys covered in orc guts and zombie chitlings.) There doesn't really seem to be anything that I'm supposed to DO, though. I realize that I'm comparing it--perhaps unfairly--to Baldur's Gate, against which it can't help but measure up pretty poorly, but it's just not holdin' up, and despite patching, it still has some funky buggy bits too. I dunno. I'll keep giving it a shot, since James insists that I spend at least part of the weekend relaxing and playing games, lest I court burnout yet again, but it had better pick up here shortly.