Danger! Danger!
So "Irrational Fears" is going to be running over at Modern Tales Longplay for a month--they needed something to fill a slot, they put out a call to the MT people, and on a whim, I said "Hey, I got this thing that most people probably haven't read yet, it's a little weird and the art is kinda crude now, but if you really are desperate..." And they really were desperate. (Don't subscribe to MT in hopes of new content--it's just the self-contained Under-the-Bed story. Subscribe to MT for other reasons, like that it's a cool site.)
So I needed to make up some graphics for it. So I opened that dusty and long-untouched folder labelled "Irrational" to pull up the pages and see what I could find.
And there were two files with unfamiliar names.
And I opened them.
And they were the opening to the Mothman adventure, all laid out, but with just the crude thumbnails and no art. I don't remember writing them, but there they are, in which Chu rents a truck and gets some equipment built and drives off to West Virginia singing along to Tom Waits.
The files are calling my name.
But I CAN'T! I mean, even aside from the swamp of doom, if I did the first two pages, I couldn't put them up because then people would demand more, and then I'd have to finish the Mothman story, and it'd take forever, and I don't have time. I don't have anything like time. I have NO TIME. I can just barely fit in originals into my schedule because I can sell them and get money, if I'm lucky, and I need them for the cons, but I have no time at all for another comic, even just a short vignette, and the plot idea, which I vaguely remember, is probably stupid anyway and then people'd hate it and I'd have expended time and energy on making people think I'm a hack. No. Can't do it. Keeping up with Digger is already a struggle with my current workload. I cannot do it. I can't. No way, no how.
But still, in tiny, hissing chupacabra voices, it calls my name...
So I needed to make up some graphics for it. So I opened that dusty and long-untouched folder labelled "Irrational" to pull up the pages and see what I could find.
And there were two files with unfamiliar names.
And I opened them.
And they were the opening to the Mothman adventure, all laid out, but with just the crude thumbnails and no art. I don't remember writing them, but there they are, in which Chu rents a truck and gets some equipment built and drives off to West Virginia singing along to Tom Waits.
The files are calling my name.
But I CAN'T! I mean, even aside from the swamp of doom, if I did the first two pages, I couldn't put them up because then people would demand more, and then I'd have to finish the Mothman story, and it'd take forever, and I don't have time. I don't have anything like time. I have NO TIME. I can just barely fit in originals into my schedule because I can sell them and get money, if I'm lucky, and I need them for the cons, but I have no time at all for another comic, even just a short vignette, and the plot idea, which I vaguely remember, is probably stupid anyway and then people'd hate it and I'd have expended time and energy on making people think I'm a hack. No. Can't do it. Keeping up with Digger is already a struggle with my current workload. I cannot do it. I can't. No way, no how.
But still, in tiny, hissing chupacabra voices, it calls my name...